Being a member of the North American Sommelier Association allows you to be part of the largest sommelier association in the world, the WSA.
Affiliated with the Worldwide Sommelier Association, which boasts the best education curricula and quality control system in the world, the North American Sommelier Association is proud to offer highest-standard professional seminars, events and classes.
In addition to your access to this best-quality level of education, as a member of NASA you will benefit from a growing list of exclusive discounts, benefits and offers:
*MEMBERSHIP (both Individual & Corporate) IS CALENDAR ANNUAL (Jan 1st - Dec 31st) AND MUST BE RENEWED EVERY JANUARY FOR THAT YEAR. ANY MEMBERSHIP FEE PAID AFTER SEPTEMBER 15th IS CONSIDERED VALID FOR THE FOLLOWING CALENDAR YEAR.
Individual Membership Benefits
Membership in the fastest-growing educational and professional sommelier association in North America
- Dedicated members-only platform on our site, with exclusive content
- A monthly newsletter with significant news, original content, and course and event updates
- Work opportunities through employment in our courses, events, referral, seminars and activities
- Be the first to receive notices about new events and have exclusivity to limited seating
- Discounts to selected NASA events and NASA partner events
- Free corkage in selected restaurants (check the list frequently for new additions)
- Priority for Trade members to our free trade events (seminars, tastings, etc.) and for partner events
- Restaurant members may benefit from special discounts from Ferrarelle, our water sponsor (details upon request)
- NASA-exclusive accessories and business cards available for purchase via our website
- AFLAC supplemental insurance available at special rates through our exclusive representative
*1 year Membership is automatic upon any NASA certification-course registration (IWS®, AWS®, CERTIFIED SOMMELIER)
NASA Individual Membership 2016
The membership for 1 year is $65: you may pay via credit card (see below) or send a check payable to “North American Sommelier Association” to 3960 Redwood Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90066.
Corporate Membership Benefits
Exclusive corporate membership creates a close and preferred relationship with NASA, where corporate members are immersed in virtually all activities and marketing elements of the Association.
- Two (2) individual memberships included
- Logo and link on NASA website as partner
- For winery sponsor, your brand featured as “Winery of the Month” for one month of the year (promoted via our website, and newsletters) or "Wine Region of the Month."
- For non-wine sponsor, your brand featured in customized interface on our website, newsletter and social media (format tbd)
- One banner ad on the home page of our website for one month
- Social Media activity (tbd) including Facebook, Twitter and our blog
- Sponsor content for monthly NASA Newsletter (approved and edited by NASA)
- Exclusive priority to use your wines or products for NASA classes and certified courses**
In addition, we offer the following services at special fees, available for inclusion in Corporate member sponsor packages; inquire for specific prices:
- Technical wine evaluation per our tasting system with report and rating provided
- Dedicated event for trade and/or consumers
- Educator for meeting or corporate events
- Sommelier and service team for special events
- Restaurant consultancy and sommelier services
- Wine and food pairing consultation services for your special event
- Social media campaign - locally or nationally
More services can be targeted according to your needs and requests. Sponsor packages (wine region seminars, walkaround tastings, wine dinners etc) require the corporate membership fee of $1000 in addition to other itemized costs.
NASA is a non-profit association; some sponsor fees may be declared as a donation.
**Use of wines is a huge benefit; many of our students are influential wine buyers in the market; NASA events are also held in venues where buyers end up tasting the wines featured in classes, dinners and seminars. Our VP of Education will work with you to select wines for specific courses. Additional fees may apply.
NASA Corporate Membership 2016
The Corporate membership is valid for 1 year: you may pay via credit card (see below) or send a check payable to “North American Sommelier Association” to 3960 Redwood Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90066.