NASA’s ‘Master Taster Certificate’ is one of our most prized and elite masters. A master-class designed around the world renowned NASA technical tasting methodology adopted by the WSA (Worldwide Sommelier Association). This 2 day course caters to all already certified Sommeliers that wish to enhance, fine tune, improve and push their technical tasting skills & qualification to the maximum level. This is truly one of the best and most advanced technical wine tasting courses in offered in North America.
The course consists of 1 day (7 hours) of class and 1 day (2 hours) of examination. The course focuses on technical wine-tasting utilizing the North American Sommelier / Worldwide Sommelier Association (www.worldwidesommelier.com) 'technical tasting methodology & scoring form'. You will be coached through this world renowned system by Gold-Pin Sommeliers as well as studying in depth :
- Purpose and goal of technical wine tasting
- Human tongue & palate anatomy
- Components of wine and their evaluation
- Viticulture & the organoleptic effects on wine
- Winemaking & the organoleptic effects on wine
- In depth technical wine tasting methodology (AIS/NASA/WSA system)
- In depth technical wine scoring
- Wine maturation & curve of life
- Fortified & dessert wine tasting
- Tasting exercise utilizing broken down components of wine (acids / tannins / glycerol / salt / sugar)
- Wine faults & wine flaws
Throughout the course you will be tasting a total of 15 different wines.
Course material provided/required : AIS WINE-TASTING BOOK + TASTING NOTEBOOK + TASTING CARD + COLOR CHART.
Pre-requisites : AIS/NASA/WSA Certified Sommelier or WSET diploma equivalent orAdvanced Sommelier Court of Master Sommeliers equivalent.
The 'MASTER WINE TASTER CERTIFICATE' is a compulsory pre-requisite for anyone wishing to teach for the North America Sommelier Association or achieve 'Gold-Pin' status.
*Written examination will consist of 5 blind tastings with NASA methodology and terminology (blank paper) + 50 written questions (30 multiple choice, 10 open).
**Oral examination will consist of 3 blind technical tastings with NASA methodology and terminology.
For inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE: Wine House, 2311 Cotner Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90064
PRESS CLUB, 20 Yerba Buena Ln San Francisco, CA 94103
* no editions currently scheduled